Kiwidutch’s 101 things to do in 1001 days …Started July 28th 2011…
This is the Update page where you can keep track of the whole list and keep me accountable for progress. (yes I realise that progress is slow, but I’m still recovering from my accident and still on crutches … so until my foot gets back to working order, life at the moment and possibilities “to do” are understandably rather limited)
If you would also like to support other “101’ers” in our group I have links on my Blogroll Page.
Some of the things on the list may need some further explanation.. rest assured …it will all follow as appropriate in due course
I will make a “101″ post whenever there is something relevant to report regarding any of the challenges.
Black = the original version of the list .
Red = partially completed tasks. (links to completed parts if appropriate)
Green = Completed tasks. (links to completed tasks)
Kiwidutch’s 101 Things in 1001 Days Challenge List:
Unleash the Creativity
1. Take one of the many songs I compose in my head and write down at least one of them per month
2. Work on “that” design idea I have for Spoonflower.com ….. (it’s a secret until it’s finished)
3. Teach Kiwi-Daughter to hand sew a project from beginning to end.
4. Show both kids how to make paper.
5. Teach Kiwi-Daughter a new embroidery stitch.
6. Show Kiwi-Daughter how to make friendship bracelets.
7. Help Kiwi-Daughter make 10 hand-made cards.
8. Help Little Mr. make 10 hand-made cards.
9. Help Kiwi-Daughter make 5 hand-made gifts.
10. Help Little Mr. make 5 hand-made gifts.
11. Hand-stitch 3 Christmas Tree ornaments for Kiwi Daughter
12. Hand-stitch 3 Christmas Tree ornaments for Little Mr.
13. Update my Will, and make a letter to my kids to be opened should I die suddenly.
14. Write a letter to my kids telling them how much I love them/ am proud of something they have done etc and post it so that they will get a surprise in the post.
15. Let the kids plan an entire family day out and say “Yes” if it’s financially/practically do-able.
16. Play “family restaurant” at home where the kids are the “chefs” and other kids are the “guests” (adult help in kitchen with oven)
17. Play “family restaurant” at home where the kids (not necessarily just our kids) are the “chefs” and parents are the “guests” (adult help in kitchen with oven)
18. To chase up family history from some older family members before it’s too late.
Looking at the Past and thinking of the Future: https://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/new-430/
19. Have a family picnic dinner in the park, do this more than 5 times.
20. Have a family picnic dinner in the park, invite another family we know to join in.
21. Have a pot-luck family/friends picnic dinner in the park, with a minimum of 3 families. Bonus points for ever additional family/friend set roped into the event.
22. Organize an extended family picnic , do this 2 times.
23. Let each kid have one Baking Day per year where they get to completely choose what is baked (no matter how much sugar or how unhealthy)
24. Have 10 Games evenings where the whole family plays, board games, lego, cards etc.
25. Plan a neighbourhood treasure hunt for our kids local friends.
26. Have a Mama/Kiwi Daughter day that we plan together.
27. Have a Mama/Little Mr day that we plan together.
28. Get the kids to have 5 new “joined-up-food” experiences (the “sauce” being the new ingredient)
29. Get the kids to have 5 new “joined-up-food” experiences ( the “herbs” being the new ingredient)
30. Get the kids to have 5 new “joined-up-food” experiences (the “spices” being the new ingredient)
31. Get the kids to have 5 new “joined-up-food” experiences (the “vegetable” being the new ingredient)
32. Have 10 goes at baking bread
33. Learn how to use the game pie mold I bought.
34. Find and make 5 recipes that use Filo pastry
35. Find and try out 5 aubergine recipes (that’s “eggplant” to some of you)
(1) Finially, I’ve conquored my Fear of... https://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2011/08/08/new-453/
(2) Food Fears and Inadvertent Departures from the Recipe… https://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/new-396
36. Make and try 50 new healthy recipes
37. Try out 5 new tagine recipes
38. Find a Historical recipe, research it, make it and review it.
Exhibiting my Weird Sense of Humour
39. Think up 5 absolutely brilliant Aprils Fools Jokes, carry out appropriate research and planning and see how many people you can fool when you pull them off. (suggestions from readers welcome)
40. Make up an elaborately detailed practical joke (any time of year) and pull it off successfully
41. Host a (surprise) “regressive” dinner, so guests start the meal with dessert and end with an aperitif.
42. Convince the local Islamic Butcher to give me 10 sheep’s knuckles so that I can teach the kids the game of “knucklebones” .
Giving Back and being Grateful
43. Raise at least Euro 1001 for the charity we support.
Which Charity? “Kiribati School and Center for Children with Special Needs” https://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/new-444/
Crafty Fund-Raising Campaign No.1. https://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2011/07/30/new-432/
Credit Where it’s Due… https://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/new-467/
Amount Raised to Date: Euro 181,–
44. Have everyone donate a pig, chicken, goat, rabbit etc to an organisation like Heifer International, instead of Birthday or Christmas gifts.
45. Make a difference to a complete stranger, in a Continent I don’t live on. Do this anonymously.
46. Make a difference to a complete stranger, in a Country I don’t live in. Do this anonymously.
47. Send 10 “goodie” baskets to people …“just because”.
48. Write 50 letters , handwritten ones snail-mail ones, and stick a stamp on and post them
49. Write and send a Thank you card whenever people have done something nice. (3 occasions, 3 homemade cards sent. Oops missed= 0)
50. Play and donate 101 000 grains of “free rice” on the Free Rice website.
51. Send 50 Postcards (with meaningful and personal messages)
52. Get to know someone new on my street.
53. Organize a summer street party.
54. Dig out a piece of city history and catalog it.
55. Bring recognition to an unsung “local hero”
56. Have neighbours (from across the street, you know who you are) over for dinner for the first time.
57. Have neighbours (from bottom left of the stairs, you know who you are) over for dinner for the first time.
58. Have neighbours (from several doors down of the left, you know who you are) over for dinner for the first time.
59. Have neighbours (from approx 6 six houses down, you know who you are) over for dinner for the first time.
60. Organise a “progressive” dinner within our street (soup at one house, main course at another, dessert at another etc)
Staving off Dementia a.k.a. Stretching the Mind
61. Make an additional two week of “reserve” blog posts written (Works-in-progress finished)…
62. Scan 101 old trip photos from my film camera days
63. Learn how to use my DSLR Macro lens
64. Improve my French language skills, specifically learn 20 new verbs.
65. Plan and take 3 kid-free long weekends away with Himself.
66. Plan a surprise gift for Himself.
Move it More
67. Use a fitness apparatus 5 days out of 7. (and break a sweat)
68. Take the whole family on a 3km walk.
69. Take the whole family on a 5km walk.
70. Save for a Wii Fit/ sport thingy.
71. Walk 1001 kms on my walking machine or similar calories/effort on cross trainer.
72. Loose the weight I gained whilst in Paster / on crutches
Saving the Planet: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
73. Actively save towards one solar panel
74. Be better at switching off lights no one is using
75. Switch off computer and anything on “standby” if I’m popping out , no matter how short I’m popping out for.
76. Bake two things in the oven instead of one, do this on more than 20 occasions
77. Walk somewhere that I may have previously taken the car, do this more on than 50 occasions
78. Reduce my “collections of treasured stuff” by a third, get picky(ier) about what I add to my stashes.
79. Clean out ancient emails, but save the good stuff.
80. Run 10 Give-a-Ways on my blog.
(1) (Closed) Stroopwafels explained, you could be in to WIN! https://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2011/08/06/new-425/
(2) (Closed) Enter Kiwidutch’s Very Cheesy Competition! https://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2011/10/11/new-504/
(3) (Closed) When a Piece of Plastic Stopping You From Going Green… Is a GOOD Thing! https://kiwidutch.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/new-634/
81. Meet up personally with 3 fellow bloggers who I follow on-line regularly
82. Offer a free bed and a bite to someone passing though… random catch of stranger, preferably someone on a budget.
83. Cook and deliver a meal to someone who’s going through some general long term stress.
84. Cook and deliver a meal to someone who’s just had a baby/had an operation/bereavement etc.
85. Have friends and family over for home-cooked meals 20 times. (1 0f 20 completed)
86. Babysit + kid-sleepover (for free) so that another set of parents can have a weekend off.
87. Include someone else’s kid(s) in one of our family kid-friendly outing so that their parents can have an afternoon or a day off.
88. Visit Castle ( exactly which, yet to be decided)
89. Visit Castle ( exactly which, yet to be decided)
90. Visit Castle ( exactly which, yet to be decided)
91. Visit Museum (Haags Openbaar Vervoer Museum / HOVM) The Hague.
92. Visit: Vredespaleis ( The Peace Palace) in Den Haag (The Hague)
93. Visit: MC Escher Museum in Den Haag (The Hague)
94. Visit Museum (exactly which, yet to be decided)
95. Visit a Hofje (exactly which, yet to be decided)
96. Visit a Hofje (exactly which, yet to be decided)
97. Visit a Hofje (exactly which, yet to be decided)
98. Visit a Hofje (exactly which, yet to be decided)
99. Visit a place of interest in my Province (exactly which, yet to be decided)
100. Visit a place of interest in my Province (exactly which, yet to be decided)
101. Visit 3 new countries.