I’ve been folding serviettes into funny shapes forever.. between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and working in several restaurants in my teens, I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding… This one is called “Fan the Flame” is super easy to make and the result is stunning.
For a change from the ones I already know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is yet another dramatic Fan fold. Can be made in advance to the long strip stage and stacked in a box ready for use.
Recipezaar recipe #251634 by Kiwidutch. If you would like to make and review it then you will find it here:
1 paper, serviette (large)
1 cloth, serviette (large)
1. Place your serviette out flat before you in a diamond shape.
2. Bring the point at South, up to meet the point at North, you will now have a triangle shape before you that has the crease at the bottom.
3. Starting from the wide base of the triangle, accordion fold it until the very top. You will now have before you a long thin strip with a zigzag effect along one side where the triangle has gotten smaller as you folded.
4. Keeping the zigzag side to the outside, fold the strip in half so that the two long flat edges are in the centre. Carefully fan out the sides so that they are even and pleasing.
5. Place flat on a plate for a very dramatic arrangement.